If you have any questions or comments regarding the accessibility of this publication, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
56 ELIZABETH II
An Act to amend the Canada-United States Tax Convention Act, 1984
[Assented to 14th December, 2007]
1984, c. 20
Her Majesty, by and with the advice and consent of the Senate and House of Commons of Canada, enacts as follows:
1997, c. 38, s. 34
1. Section 2 of the Canada-United States Tax Convention Act, 1984 is replaced by the following:
Definition of “Convention”
2. In this Act, “Convention” means the Convention between the Government of Canada and the Government of the United States set out in Schedule I, as amended by the Protocols set out in Schedules II, III, IV, V and VI.
2. Section 4 of the Act is replaced by the following:
4. The Minister of Finance shall cause a notice of the day on which the Convention enters into force and of the day on which it ceases to have effect to be published in the Canada Gazette within 60 days after its entry into force or termination.
3. Schedule I to the Act is amended by adding at the end of that Schedule the Annexes A and B to the Convention set out in the Schedule 1 to this Act.
4. The Act is amended by adding, after Schedule V, the Schedule VI set out in the Schedule 2 to this Act.
5. The Minister of Finance shall cause a notice of the day on which the agreements and the Protocol that are set out in Schedules 1 and 2 to this Act enter into force to be published in the Canada Gazette within 60 days after their entry into force.