If you have any questions or comments regarding the accessibility of this publication, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
46-47-48 ELIZABETH II
An Act respecting the Alliance of Manufacturers & Exporters Canada
[Assented to 17th June, 1999]
WHEREAS Parliament incorporated the Canadian Manufacturers’ Association by chapter 48 of the Statutes of Canada, 1902;
AND WHEREAS the corporation has by its petition prayed that its name be changed to “Alliance of Manufacturers & Exporters Canada”;
AND WHEREAS the corporation has further prayed that its Act of incorporation be amended to extend its powers in order to facilitate its operations both within Canada and abroad;
AND WHEREAS the petitioner has prayed that it be enacted as hereinafter set forth, and it is expedient to grant the prayer of the petition;
c. 48, 1902; c. 75, 1963
NOW, THEREFORE, Her Majesty, by and with the advice and consent of the Senate and House of Commons of Canada, enacts as follows:
Change of name
1. (1) The name of the Canadian Manufacturers’ Association is changed to “Alliance of Manufacturers & Exporters Canada” (hereinafter referred to as the “Alliance”).
Existing rights saved
(2) The change of name of the Alliance does not in any way impair, alter or affect its rights and liabilities, or any suit, proceeding or judgment either by or in favour of or against it, which may be prosecuted, continued, completed or enforced as if this Act had not been enacted.
2. (1) The long title of An Act to incorporate the Canadian Manufacturers’ Association is replaced by the following:
An Act to incorporate the Alliance of Manufacturers & Exporters Canada.
(2) In section 1 of the Act, the words “Canadian Manufacturers’ Association ” are replaced by “Alliance of Manufacturers & Exporters Canada”.
(3) Wherever the word “Association” appears in the Act, it is replaced by “Alliance”.
Export of services
3. (1) Paragraph 6(c) of the Act is replaced by the following:
(c) engage in the work of developing and promoting the export trade of Canadian goods and services by such means as may be considered desirable;
Repeal of mortmain
(2) Paragraph 6(e) of the Act is repealed.
4. An Act respecting The Canadian Manufacturers’ Association is repealed.
Published under authority of the Senate of Canada